Tuesday, March 31, 2015

1. Of course I like art. I had learn drawing when I was a child, and I think I am more talented on drawing. But my mom didn't want me use it as my major. She thought artist's life is difficult, and always be famous until their old or after death.
2. In my mind, each kind of art have their special merit. For me, I like representational more than abstract. Because I like the elaborate things. Representational is easy to understand than abstract. I think abstraction is good to decorate walls, because it is simple and give the room more stylish temperament.
3.Claude Monet is my favorite western painter. His was the founder of the french impressionist painting. His hazy landscape painting makes me feel like in a dream.  I also have a favorite Chinese painter. He's name is Chen Zhifo. He is expert in Chinese traditional realistic painting. 
4. My favorite museum in New York is MOMA. There exhibit many famous painting. Such as the "Starry Night" of Van Gogh; Monet's huge painting of water lilies; and many painting of Picasso.
5. I haven't visit museum in other city without New York.


2 comments:

  1. Piaoyan, I like some of the same artists you do, namely, Monet and Van Gogh. I have been to Monet's house in Giverny, France. That was a wonderful experience.
    I am very unfamiliar with Chinese artists, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Monet's paintings too. His paintings always contain many colors. Very amazing. I don't know very much about Chen Zhifo, but my grandfather like this kind of Chinese painting very much. He like painting too. I'll tell him about that artist, I think he will like it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete